Friday 11 July 2014

I saw the Queen, The Queen saw meeeee.

Hi girlies! 

Yesterday (10/07/2014) myself, and many others had the privilege of seeing the Queen & the Duke of Edinburgh in Matlock, Derbyshire. 

Sadly, I didn't get chance to meet her in person but I got a pretty close look at her when she drove past in the Royal Car surrounded by security (who were btw, gorgeous).  

I never dreamed of being able to stand within a few metres of her, so I was super excited to make it come true. It was an immense experience which I would love to re-live again. 

To make things even more exciting for me, it was the first time I'd taken out Lola (our new puppy/dog). I don't think she really knew what was going off, but it didn't stop her from getting excited herself. 

So anyway, we started off the day by driving to Cromford. We parked up, and had a lovely stroll down to Matlock Bath. 

  
Lola
We then sat and chilled for a bit whilst waiting for the Queen to arrive. Lola started to get a bit warm, so we was forced to stand in the shade for the majority of the journey (which we didn't mind). As we waited, a ton of people started to line up against the side of the road. I just loved seeing all the school kids with their little flags.


  


After she'd gone past us, I was super excited and couldn't stop singing "I saw The Queen, The Queen saw meee" which did in fact drive my family crazy! 

We then began walking back to the car, although my sister got a little lazy so we stayed behind whilst my mum went to fetch the car. We decided to go down to Matlock in which we saw even more people standing on the side of the road. We figured that she'd be returning soon, and decided to stick around and wait for her. 






After all of the excitement we went for a walk round Matlock. It was a lovely day, around 26c. We went for an Ice cream and took some family pictures! (which I look really weird on, I one of those girls that just doesn't look right on photo's). 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment