Sunday 14 August 2016

A good old catch up.


It's been a while hasn't it? 

It's been well over a year since I last posted on here, and since then a lot has changed for me. I still work at the same care home *2 years this month* - but I've qualified for level 2 Health and Social care, something which I'm super proud of and never thought I'd get round to finishing. I'm single, a lot more out going, more confident and I'm currently making plans to go backpacking around Australia in 2017. When I say that a lot has changed, I don't mean visibly... I'm still the same ol' girl but my dreams and my goals have taken a drastic turn, hopefully for the better. I've also decided to do a bit of a U-turn on my blog, and I'm hoping to focus more on my travel plans. I'll still be doing lifestyle posts, the odd recipe here and there, and lots of beauty & fashion posts but my main goal is to write about travel. 

Travelling is something I used to dream of, not regular.. it was just like a dream I had in the back of my mind. Once when I left school, I applied for a air hostess course at college, I got through but something pulled me back and I never went for it. Since then, it was always a distant memory. Something that could of been but never would be. I'm still not an air hostess, and who knows maybe sometime in the future I might be? What I'm trying to say is that, I want to travel. I want to travel for as long and as far as I can. I want to go to new places, experience their cultures and the way they live, I want to meet knew people, I want my 20's to mean something other than paying bills and going to work. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my job... but my heart aches for something different. I'm constantly making plans, dreams and goals for all the places I want to visit, and spend time in. I want to hike up mountains, and be proud that I've done it. I want to eat bugs, and live in the wild for a few months, I want to go zip lining over a jungle, I want to go on the highest swing in the world (in NZ) and have no care in the world. I want to experience everything life has to offer and I want to do it now. 

But right now, that just isn't possible. I want to do this properly. Perhaps I could just quit my job, buy a ticket and travel the world. But my anxiety tends to hold me back. I'm a planner. I need to do it properly. I'm currently in the process of saving.. it's really difficult for someone who wastes their money constantly on nights out, taxis to work and coffees from Costa. In fact, I'm finding it way more difficult than the first time I saved for my trip to Australia. It's hard, but I'll do it, and I'll do it because I want to. 

My current goal right now is to backpack Australia in 2017. It's already August, time is running out. The plan is to start in March... whether that will happen or not, your guess is as good as mine. It's motivating, and I strongly urge anyone who has the same dreams as I do, to take the steps needed to make it happen. 
Even if it doesn't happen straight away, even if your plans go wrong, stand up tall and tell yourself that it doesn't matter, so long as you're in the process of making it come true, you're way ahead of everybody else still dreaming about it.

Be sure to follow me and my journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment