Monday 6 May 2013

Kit-Kat Cake Recipe 
also pictures of the one I made with my boyfriend & sister! 


So this is the picture that I copied myself... I got this picture from http://www.madeinmelskitchen.com.
But honestly this recipe is so easy, you won't even need to check that out! 
All you need is a purse full of money ready to spend on the most divinest chocolate ever made. 

So first thing you'll most defiantly need to make this scrumptious cake is nothing more than the ingredients! 

I found this picture online belonging too http://www.wifelifebeautyxo.com. I used this to get the ingredients, so as you can see it's pretty simple. 


Ingredients: 

  • Betty Crockers Devils Food Cake Mix - 1 box
  • Betty Crockers Chocolate Fudge Icing - 1 tub
  • Kit Kat Multi-Packets - x2 - You'll need around 35 kit kat's so I bought two Multi Packs plus 1 normal sized bar. 
  • Vegetable Oil - 70ml (4½ tbsp)
  • Water - 250ml 
  • 2 x 8" well greased cake tins
  • 2 large packets of M & M's or any decoration of your choice. 
  1. Firstly what you need to do is bake the cake! This is really really easy as all you need to do is add the eggs, water and oil to Betty Crockers Devils Food Cake Mix. Mix this all together gently with a whisk either by hand or with an electrical mixer. Do this for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. 
  2. Then you need to pour the mixture into your cake tins, making sure that the tins are well greased in order for your cake not to stick. You also need to make sure that the both tins have an evenly enough cake mixture each. 
  3. The last part of baking the cake is simple; bake the two tins in the middle of the oven between 23-28 minutes. The oven needs to be set at 180°C (160ยบ for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 4. Insert a fork into the middle of each cake to see if it comes out clean or not, if it does then the cakes are ready, if they don't then they are not. Once the cakes are ready, leave them on a wire rack to cool. They need to be completely cool in order to decorate. Once both of the cakes are cooled off, sandwich them together using Betty Crockers Chocolate Fudge Icing. 
Now for the fun part!! DECORATING! 



  1. Decorate the outer part of the cake with Kit Kat's. Make sure they are in two's and try not to split them in half, it doesn't matter if you do but I found it easier to do it in two's. Put them all around the cake, gently pressing them into the icing to make sure they are really stuck down, and won't fall off. 
  2. To finish the cake off, add all of your M & M's to the top of the cake; I preferred it when they over lapped each other, but it's really up to you. Then WALLAH. IT'S READY :)
Very last thing you need to do, is take a few pictures of your master piece, and ENJOY! I hope you like it as much as I did! Here are a few pictures from the one I made. (They are edited pictures, because it was night time and the room was very dark, so I've brightened them up a bit for all to see). 


My Opinion? 
I honestly 100% loved it! The actual chocolate cake was aaamazing, and so tasty! Will defiantly be making this again. Not only did I love it, but so did my boyfriend and sister too! The cake is so moist, it pretty much melts on your tongue as soon as you put it in your mouth. When cutting the cake, the Kit Kat's do tend to fall off, but it's not a worry as they'll be eaten anyway! Also, I recommend eating it either on the day or the day after, and not to leave it out too long because the M & M's do go a bit soft. Some people may find this a little sickly if they've eaten quite a bit, but I was not one of those people therefore just couldn't stop eating it until it was gone, oops! 

Mwah xo 



  


No comments:

Post a Comment