So today I've decided to another recipe for you all... something I'm sure you will enjoy reading as well as doing it yourself. I'm not lying when I say that they taste incredible. I am a huge fan of Oreo's ever since they came out for the first time. I have made sure to enjoy every last nibble of them so when I came across this mouth watering recipe, I just had to try it out for myself & I was a amazed at how tasty they actually was! It's not as hard as I thought it was going to be either. I actually found it really easy to do, and it was something that both me and boyfriend enjoyed making. We enjoyed eating them so much, we decided to make another batch of them.
This is the picture I came across.
As you can see it's an Oreo baked inside a chocolate chip cookie.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 28 minutes
Servings: 2 dozen
- 2 sticks or 1 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- A cup of chocolate chips
- 1 pack of Oreo's.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and the sugars together with a mixer until well combined.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips until it is all combined together.
- Using a cookie scoop, take one scoop of the mixture and place it on top of 1 Oreo cookie.
- Take another scoop of the mixture and place it on the bottom of that Oreo cookie.
- Seal the edges together by pressing and cupping with your hand until the Oreo is enclosed with the dough.
- Do the same thing with the rest of the Oreo's and Cookie dough.
- Place them each onto a well greased baking tray or cooking sheet, the cookies will expand to a large size so do not put them close together.
- Bake the cookies for 9-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- To check to see if they are ready on the inside, insert a fork into the middle of one of them and if it comes out clear then they are ready.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
- Once they are all cool, pour yourself a glass of milk & enjoy!
Here is my first attempt at making them :)