Wednesday 26 March 2014

My Shower Routine :)

Hi guys! 

Today I wanted to show you what I use in the shower, and tell you what I do to make myself look the tiniest bit presentable. 

The first thing I do before I get in the shower, is use a face mask. I only do this once a week. 

This is made to brighten up your complexion, exfoliate the skin and should remove the dirt, oil & glycerine to soften the skin. The mask uses a French Lavander fragrance which has a calming effect on the mind and helps to balance the skin's sebum production. 

After that's dried up and is ready to be washed off, that's when I get in the shower. I'm not sure why I take it off in the shower, but I do. 

I then use the Angels on Bare Skin Face & Body Cleanser also from Lush to wash my face. This cleanser is made from 100% natural ingredients; Kaolin: which absorbs the grease and dirt leaving the skin clean and nourished, Lavender Oil and Rose Absolute: which calms the skin, leaving it toned and brightened. 

Once all that is washed off, I use Radox Uplifting Pink Grapefruit & Basil Shower Gel from Boots to wash my body. I use a shower scrunchie to apply it and rub it gently into my skin. (Always remember to wash the shower scrunchie, bath cloth or sponge before using it - as they do collect bacteria when not being used). 

I then use Johnsons Baby Oil to shave "those" area's; this is legs, arms (yes I shave my arms), under the arms and lady parts. I use this instead of a shaving cream mainly because I need to shave every 2-3 days and I find that the "stubble" can be really painful to remove. Using Baby Oil, I have come to notice that it isn't painful at all, and leaves a soft & smooth finish at the end. 

I then use the Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser to moisture my skin after shaving. 

After I've done all the body things - I turn my attention to my hair. 
I do this last because when washing your body, it's easy to get shower gel in to your hair - in which case, you'd need to wash it again. 


So I start off by obviously wetting my hair. I then go on to use the *Carino Provive Shampoo...

RRP. Aldi £0.75

I've only recently been using this after winning it a few weeks ago in a Twitter Competition. I've done a bit of research in to, and I have found that this product (along with the conditioner) has proved to be more awarding than the Phillip B Oud Royal Forever Shine Shampoo which costs a staggering £130! So you can't beat this really for 75p a bottle! 

Once a week - (again, I've just started using this), I will use the *Envy Dual Fix 12 hair product, gently rubbing it in to my hair and then using a wide toothed comb to brush it through my hair. I don't do this all the time though, but you can read my full review of that product here.

After shampooing, I like to use a follow up conditioner on my hair. Some people don't use conditioner, but I honestly don't know where I'd be without it! 
It leaves my hair feeling so soft, and there's never any tangles in it. 
So the follow up conditioner which I have been using is the *Carino Provive Conditioner...

RRP Aldi £0.75

These products are to be used on Dry and Damaged Hair to Repair & Protect the hair. I 100% agree that this works. 

Once conditioned, I rinse the product off like I did the Shampoo. I then turn the tap from hot to cold and shower it over my hair (as quickly as possible because it's cold). This gives my hair a bit of shine when dried. 

Just before I get out of the shower, I like to go back to my face and wash it again using the Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean to wash off any make up and clean my skin of the bacteria of which has appeared since washing my hair. (yes, this does happen!)

When I'm out of the shower - I will dry myself off with a towel (you should always do this to stop yourself from getting a skin infection). I also towel dry my hair as best as I can. Then I use the *Phil Smith Oh So Straight Smoothing Serum. I only use a few pumps off this, and I focus it on the middle of my hair and the ends. Do not get this in the roots as it could become greasy when dried. 

£3.50 

Once that's done, I will again use a towel to dry my hair and use a headband to get my hair out my face. I prefer it to air dry and only ever use a hair dryer when & if I'm running late. I always use a hair protector before-hand as well.


Once out the shower, I will moisturize my skin with the Soap & Glory Girligo Body Moisturising Mist, use deodorant and body spray and follow up with my favorite perfume...

£9.99 

So that was my shower routine! 
Hope you enjoyed reading it :) 

What products do you use in the shower? 
Do you prefer baths or showers? 

(I prefer baths - but it's nice to shower sometimes). 

xx










No comments:

Post a Comment