Tuesday 25 June 2013

Oreo Fantastic! 

Today I feel like giving you another recipe to try out. It's not food, it's more like a little treat and something to do on those rainy days, and do you wanna know what the best part is?  It's easy to make & cheap too! 
I was browsing Facebook as I usually do, and I came across a picture of these Oreo treats, the picture basically shows you how to make them, and since I love Oreo's I decided that I was going to make them and drag my boyfriend down that road too. I found the picture on one of those random pages that I must have liked years ago in my younger days; they're always uploading silly pictures, quotes & sometimes really interesting facts & stories, but this recipe was a first and I was going to try it out. 


As you can see by the picture; it basically shows you everything you need to know. Okay so it doesn't exactly tell you the recipe in writing but it shows you pictures which has always been easier for me... but just in case you don't understand what you do (I'm not calling you stupid by the way), but some people might not properly understand it, I will tell you myself. I'm probably not even doing it properly, but this is my way so enjoy :') 

Ingredients 
  • Oreo's (the small ones) 
  • Big bar of chocolate (of your choice)
  • Sprinkles 
  • The Fabulous Bakin' Boys Cupcakes (any flavor as you'll only be eating the topping anyway)
  • Cocktail Sticks
Recipe
  1. Firstly you need to unwrap all the cupcakes from the packaging and take the top part off all of them, don't break any otherwise it won't work. Feel free to eat the sponge, I did. 
  2. Secondly you need to split the Oreo's in half, try not to damage them because like I said about the cupcakes, it won't work. 
  3. Put the cupcake topping on the inside of your Oreo's and then put the other half of the Oreo on top of it, squish it together as if to say it was a sandwich. 
  4. Break up your chocolate in a bowl, boil the kettle and pour the boiling water into a empty bowl then using the bowl filled with chocolate, stack it on top. This should melt the chocolate,  stir it as much as you can until smooth. You might have to do this 1-2 times to make sure all the chocolate is melted. DO NOT mix the water & the chocolate together. 
  5. Once the chocolate has melted, use a cocktail stick so that you can get a good grab of the Oreo treat and then dip it into the chocolate. Make sure it's completely covered and then put it on tray lined with a baking sheet. 
  6. Once you've done all the Oreo's, you can now decorate them with the sprinkles. 
  7.  Lastly, put them in the fridge to harden. I didn't really time mine, I just kept checking them to see if they was hard, but I'd say keep them in there for at least 2 hours. 
  8. Then take them out, and enjoy the scrumptious taste :') 

This is how mine turned out; not that great but at least I tried it out and they still tasted pretty good :) 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment