Wednesday 12 February 2014

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub Review

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub Review 



£8.00 Boots

First off let's have a round of applause for the adorable packaging. Soap & Glory always know how to wow their customers with their cute pink packaging. It's no wonder I'm a huge fan of Pink! I've always been a huge fan of Soap & Glory products but this one tops them all. I love a good body scrub and I find that this does it's job perfectly not to mention the incredible smell that comes along with it! 

This scrub has brown sugar crushed in to it with added sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains. 

Brown sugar compared to White sugar is great for your skin because the particles in Brown sugar exfoliate your skin which clears away dry and dead skin cells. This helps create a smoother skin feel and lends a youthful glow. 

Sweet Lime is beneficial for the skin because it has a high concentration of vitamin C and flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants.  

Almond oil is used because it helps in protecting your skin, preventing common skin problems and keep it looking youthful and healthy. 

Macadamia is known to help treat a number of different 'problems'. Dry skin being the first of many. Macadamia is easily absorbed into the skin and does not have a greasy residue. It also works well to help Anti-Aging and Healing and Blemishes. 

Put all of these together, and you've got the perfect scrub! Which is exactly why I'm in love with this from Soap & Glory. They really know how to knock our socks off don't they?! 

The constancy of this scrub is thick and gooey and the sugar content isn't so much to be overly abrasive unlike other scrubs which I've used that I've found to be to rough on the skin. 


The smell is my favorite part although I have to admit when I first had a whiff of it, I didn't like it. After using it over & over again though, I've grown to like it. I love it in fact! The smell is so sweet, very refreshing and quite zingy. It's very strong but it leaves a long lasting smell so it's not to bad. My boyfriend is always telling me how lovely I smell and I guess it's all thanks to this product! 

I will use this product at least once a week. I don't want to use it to often, as it could damage my skin but I do use it especially on those special days/nights if I'm off somewhere nice. I tend to use this when I'm in the bath... although I make a promise to myself to either wash my hair first or wash it after with the shower head (as I don't want any grains of sugar stuck in my hair). But when I'm going in the shower, instead of using it whilst I'm in the shower, I will coat my skin in it beforehand. So basically, before I step into the shower, I will cover my whole body from shoulder to toes in this product and then when I get in the shower, I will wash it off. This leaves my skin feeling absolutely amazing and I 100% promise you that it's worth it! Try it out for yourself, you won't be disappointed. 

I rate this product: 
Packaging - 9/10 
Texture - 8/10 
Smell - 8/10 
Does it work? Yes! 
Is it worth £8? Definitely. 

If you have a favorite body scrub under £10 then let me know! 
I'm always looking for a good bargain! :) 

xo

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment