Thursday 6 February 2014

The joys of being ill!


If you know me well enough, you'll know that I'm always ill. Aside from having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I am so prone to getting the common cold/flu. Last week I was fine, this week... not so fine. Not only do I have the worlds worst cold, I've also managed to get Tonsillitis. I'm not sure if the cold is due to having Tonsillitis or if they're both separate illnesses. Either way, I don't like it but I still have to find a way to cope with it. 

Beechams Max Strength Sore Throat Relief does my throat wonders. Honestly, it might not last all day but you can easily get a few hours a day without the pain of swallowing. They come in different flavors and I have to be honest, blackberry is my total fave. Not only do they taste nice, but they also have Local Anesthetic and Antiseptic inside of them. The Local Anesthetic is provide pain relief for the soreness and the Antiseptic is to fight bacteria in the mouth and throat. I buy mine from the pound shop, and for 20 Lozenges I'd say that's a pretty good deal. 

I'm sure everybody knows what a headache is like, it's painful. That's why you should keep yourself pain free with Paracetamol. They might not be the best, but you can get other types of pain relief. I personally prefer to use just Paracetamol but I'm sure others prefer something a little better. 

When you have a cold, your temperature can slide from being really hot and sweaty, to freezing cold and shaky. That's why I've always got a blanket on hand. Not only that, but it's so nice to cuddle up to something warm and fluffy whilst watching your favorite film.

When you're ill, your skin and lips can get very dry. It's important to moisturize both of these to give your skin the best chance of recovering. It's also extremely important to drink lots of water.  

Don't forget to give yourself resting time. You need lots of energy for when you're feeling better so getting enough rest is vital. 


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment