Saturday 4 January 2014

Debenhams Christmas Lookbook Competition

DEBENHAMS CHRISTMAS LOOKBOOK COMPETITION

Hi there! 
So this is going to be something a little bit different today. For those who follow my polyvore account, you should know that I'm obsessed with fashion and putting outfit idea's together. So when I found out about this competition, I was over the moon with joy and I couldn't wait to get stuck in. Basically, you have to design two different outfits, one for Winter Warmer and one for The Ultimate Party. I thought this was going to be super easy to do, but actually it was a lot harder than I imagined. Here is what I've come up with :



Winter Warmer




Winter

Total: = £231

Oasis striped crew neck sweater / Navy Blue Hallmoor Parka / Quiz blue pants / HotSquash purple knee high socks / Mantaray navy rain boots / Yumi scarve / Red Herring black glove / Philosophy face moisturizer / Elemis lip treatment

So the first one is obviously perfect for the colder weather. The coat looks tremendously warm and snugly especially with that hood! It's not something you'd wear in the summer now is it? Depending on personal preference it's probably best to wear a top underneath the jumper. I wouldn't personally with the big coat but it's personal choice. The snood is cable knit material, so perfect for those snowy days outside. I chose wellies because usually in the winter it's sludgy or icy, or snowy and it's so much better to wear waterproof shoes in my opinion rather than really expensive none waterproof shoes that will probably get ruined. You want to wear socks underneath the wellies because even though the shoes are waterproof, you still need warmth. In cold dry weather, it's always important to hydrate your lips with a lip balm as they do tend to get all sore and cracked. Gloves are a must have for winter as you don't want your little fingers to freeze off, and the hydrating moisturizer is just a little something to keep your face hydrated in the weather.  

Ultimate Party Look




Party Look

Total: = £214.05

Quiz skater dress / Jasmine lined jacket / Debenhams rib tight / Faith black platform stiletto / J by Jasper Conran crossbody purse / Bangle bracelet / MAC Cosmetics lips makeup / Bobbi Brown Cosmetics black eyeliner / Nails Inc nail polish / Nails Inc nail polish

The second look is for the ultimate party girl, now let's get back to reality and remember that it's still winter. So although it would be nice to go out in something short and tight, it's just not practical. That's why I chose a dress that would look great with tights. There was 2 choices of colour for this dress and I have to admit that it did take me a while to decide which one I preferred but I went with the red simply because I think it looks better with the black and gold accessories. I chose the jacket because even though the majority of parties are held inside, you still need to get to and from the venue's. Winter day's are cold but winter night's are even colder. I chose the dark red lipstick to go with the 'feisty look' and the black eyeliner so you can really make those eyes dramatic with a winged eyeliner. The nail polishes are amazing, you apply the red to the nails first and then apply the black cracking effect on top; this way you'll be able to see both colours in a "dramatic way". The shoes are pretty simple, but I needed something simple because everything else is so dramatic, and the bag is just something small that you can carry around your body without having to hold it like a clutch, because let's be honest... in this type of weather you don't really want your hands to be out of your pockets do you? 

I had so much fun making this, only took me about 3 hours though! If you like what you see, and fancy making your own, then head on over too http://blog.debenhams.com/winter-style-challenge-win-500-debenhams-vouchers/get-involved/competitions/ << and enter the competition! Hurry though, ends on 13th January :)

xx

2 comments:

  1. Great outfits, love that parka jackets looks so snug :)

    http://glittermudpie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) If only I had £100 to spare haha x

    ReplyDelete